The workshop builds on four intertwined pillars around mathematical physics, in particular QFT, quantum gravity and string theory:
- Locality and observables,
- Symmetry and duality,
- String compactifications,
- Numbers and singularities.
Each topic will be introduced by two transversal pedagogical talks by
- Lara Anderson (Virginia Tech)
- Ruth Britto (Dublin & CEA Saclay)
- Daniela Cadamuro (Göttingen)
- Xenia de la Ossa (Oxford)
- Johanna Knapp (Vienna)
- Catherine Meusburger (Erlangen-Nürnberg)
- Anne Taormina (Durham)
- Karen Yeats (Simon Fraser University, Burnaby)
followed by a light schedule of shorter research talks, allowing ample time for free discussion.
On the International Women's Day, Wednesday 8 March 2017, Anda Degeratu (Freiburg and Stuttgart) will give a public evening lecture titled "Wie Gravitationswellen unser Bild vom Universum erweitern" in the Akademie der Wissenschaften und Literatur Mainz.